March 22 is World Water Day
World Water Day is a day established by the United Nations to look at water issues around the world. At Waterlogic, we’re proud of our partnership with WaterAid, to help bring clean water to some of the world’s poorest communities. Waterlogic has committed to supporting WaterAid’s work across Africa, Asia, the Pacific Region and Central America for the next three years, and invites you to join our efforts to bring clean water to those without.
World Water Day is a great time to learn more about the global water crisis. Did you know that 11% of the world’s population do not have safe water to drink and that this, coupled with poor sanitation, results in 4,000 children dying every day. To help increase awareness of the water crisis, Waterlogic will be mailing all customers and distributors more information about WaterAid’s work.
Why are good water supplies important?
- Clean water reduces the spread of water-related diseases that are the biggest killer of children in Africa.
- Accessible water supplies mean women can spend time working to earn money or caring for their families, rather than walking for hours in search of water.
- Sufficient water supplies mean there is water available for washing and watering gardens, as well as drinking and cooking.
What You Can Do
Get involved with WaterAid!
- Learn more about WaterAid’s programs. WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works in 27 countries across Africa, Asia, the Pacific Region and Central America. Learn more at www.wateraid.org
- If you would like, make a donation: As experts in practical, hands-on water solutions WaterAid has helped bring clean water to nearly 16 million people. But we need your help to achieve our aim of helping 1.4 million more people this year. Go to www.wateraid.org to make a donation.
- Spread the word: Please follow WaterAid on Facebook and Twitter to get regular updates about their work. Additionally, please re-post status updates and tweets to increase awareness of the global water crisis with your friends as well.
- Establish a corporate partnership: Follow Waterlogic’s lead by joining efforts with WaterAid through a corporate partnership.
Learn more at www.wateraid.org.